Saturday 27 August 2011

Out and About

The last couple of days have been very pleasant indeed.


Yesterday I visited an old college friend
who ran away to join the circus when we were 18. 
She became a lion/tiger tamer ---
makes me feel very boring indeed!! 
After 15 years with 'The Great British Circus',
which she co-owned,
she has joined Zippos Circus
and this means she gets to tour around the South Coast
and we get to catch up. 


She is currently in Hove,
next to the King Alfred Leisure Centre on the seafront. 
Her office looks straight out to sea --- lucky girl!
We had a good old natter, a delicious lunch of scallops (me)
and king prawn risotto (her) 
and reminisced about old times. 
Then it was into our seats for the two hour extravaganza
that is Zippo's 'Horsepower Show'. 
A great mix of 
exciting/edge-of-your-seat/gasping moments
(check out the Motorcycle Globe of Death!)
laughs provided by very silly clowns
and lots of admiration for the amazingly talented performers;
including some cute budgies (who knew?!).
To finish the day we enjoyed chocolate/caramel icecreams
in waffle cones and a walk along the prom. 
Lovely :)

And today I met up with my brother in Arundel
for the most yummy-scrummy strawberry icecream milkshake
and naughty raspberry pastry ---
which was so irresistable
that it had disappeared
before I got my camera out!!




Time spent with family and friends is good for the soul.

1 comment:

  1. I once joined Zippo's Circus for an hour when I worked as a journalist. I dressed as a clown, interviewed them all and had a thoroughly great time! I love Zippo's. That was 1999.
    I can't believe your friend has such a cool job!!! Talk about following your dreams!
    x x

    ReplyDelete